Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tina's Reading Material

I read tons. Not tons, tons, but every night. I am finishing a book called "The Devil in the White City". It is about the Chicago Worlds Fair in the late 1800's and a serisal killer. It is non-fiction. I love to read. This book could have been very interesting, the facts regarding the construction of the fair, the horrible condition of Chicago and it's environs...and the existance of a serious serial killer could, should have made for never put it down reading....but i have been a bit dissapointed. It drags too much describing the problems facing the landscape and regular architects. The chapters about the serial killer and seperate, and far more interesting. This is just a general complaint of mine. I love the idea of settling into a new book. This one dissapointed. (so far)

5 comments:

Blythe Fike said...

hey mom! way to go on the blog. you are becoming so internet savvy! by the way, why in the world do you think a cat attacked kirby? i am so confused...
im going to give you a shout out on my blog!

Casey Angulo said...

I am so glad you have a blog!

Susie said...

Tina, Hey you! Casey got me blogging last year, mostly reading, some writing. I am having a fit trying to say hi cause I could'nt remember my password. :(
Love ya girl

brad said...

Hi! This is Brad Stemke! Welcome to the blogsphere. On the topic of books, Dave Eggers is one of my favorite authors right now. Check him out!

Tina hensley said...

only 3 in the morning. i hate computers for this reason only.....i was looking for mail from kenny bear and ended up listening to funny things instead!1 good night